Is There Any Preference Between a Street Address and PO Box?
Which should come first, the PO Box or the street address? Is there really a difference?
What are ZIP+4 Codes?
Not just for show. Those few extra numbers can really make a big difference for you.
Why You Get Returned Mail
Even after verifying the address, mail can still be returned on occasion. That's up to the recipient and mailman.
Why Won't My Address Validate
Keep receiving an error when you enter an address? Learn why and what you can do about it.
PO Box vs. Street Address
The ultimate battle royal. Does one reign supreme in the eyes of the post office? Let's get ready to rumble!
How Do I Determine If a Suite or Apartment Number is Valid?
Feeling a little unsure about delivery to a certain apartment or suite? Are they even possible to verify?
- Address Validation
- Address Standardization
- International Address Validation
- County Data
- Address Lookup
- AVS vs. Address Validation
- CASS Processing
- Unique ZIP Code
- Good Validation API
- PO-Box-Only ZIP Code
- Postal Code
- Royal Mail
- Deutsche Post
- La Poste
- Canada Post
- Glossary of Terms
- ZIP+4 Code
- Rejected address? What does that mean?
- Reverse geocoding. Easily done! Right?
How to Computer
- Why SmartyStreets
- Why You Get Returned Mail
- How Do I Tell if This Address Is Real?
- Standardizing and Validating Addresses
- Extra Address Information
- Improving Address Data
- How Do I Get Geocodes?
- Adding ZIP+4 Codes to Addresses
- Do I need and Apt. or Suite #?
- Baking a Batch: Processing Multiple Requests at Once
- Why Won't My Address Verify/Validate?
- Ludicrous Speed
- Do you take 9-digit ZIP Codes as input?
- How are "care of" addresses formatted?
- Why am I getting a 401 HTTP status code?
- Will your service tell me if somebody lives at an address?
- How do I determine if a suite or apartment number is valid?
- The Benefits of Address Entry Validation and List Cleaning
- SmartyStreets vs. USPS: The Policy/Procedure Disconnect
- Composing your own DeliveryLine1
- Maintaining Data Security with SmartyStreets
- Map Services Don't Validate Addresses
- Using Regular Expressions for Street Addresses
- PO Box vs. Street Address
- Who Can Validate Addresses?
- Alternatives to the USPS API
- Popular Lat/Long Providers
- ZIP Code API
- Does Google Parse/Standardize Addresses?
- Can I Validate an Address While Using Addmarker?
- Data Management
- Address Data Management "Like a Boss"
- International Geocoding: Around the GPS in 80 Days
- Is There an Open-Source Address Scrubber?
- My Geocode Service Won't Give Me ZIP+4 Codes. Why?
- Is There a Gecoding API as Good as Google?
- How often should I re-verify addresses?
- Is Move-Update/NCOA Required?
- Why should I present the validated address back to my client for review?
- How Subscriptions Work
- How to prevent outages
- Deleting Your Account
- When a Plan Expires
- Can I get a refund?
- Can we have multiple users on the same account?
- Multiple Domains per Website Key
- What happens when I've used all my address lookups?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Why are your prices so low?
Road Closed is our page archive, which contains outdated information. It is available for historical purposes only.View the archive ›