What is an "Address Lookup"?
When you submit an address to our API, we return data about it. Each submission to our API counts as an address lookup and is deducted from your active API Plan.
Ideally, an address lookup would contain a primary number, street name, city, state, and ZIP Code. Submitting an address requires a valid primary number and street name, along with either a ZIP Code or a combination of a valid city and state. We don't give street names based on a house number. We don't give house numbers based on a street name. However, we do provide the correct ZIP Code if the rest of the address is correct, or we provide the correct city and state if the rest of the address is correct. For example:
Good Address Lookups:
- 13077 Quade ln, Woodbridge, VA, 22193
- 13077 Quade ln, Woodbridge, VA
- 13077 Quade ln, 22193
Bad Address Lookups:
- 13077, Woodbridge, VA, 22193 [missing street name]
- Quade ln, Woodbridge, VA, 22193 [missing primary number]
- 13077 Quade ln [missing city/state or ZIP Code]
For each address lookup, we return data about that address. To understand more about the data we return, read here.