(maintain congruent input/output lines)
SmartyList US: Web Interface
For complete instructions for using this tool, please see the documentation.
Step 1: I want to
Step 2: Paste your list below.
Step 3:Process My List
Step 4: After the output appears, click here to copy it, then paste back into your spreadsheet
What does all that data mean?
My list failed to process.
Check if your input data has line breaks (two lines in the same cell) or quotation marks. These interfere with the tool's ability to sort the data correctly. Here's the solution:
- Save your original Excel file in a different file format: "Tab Delimited Text."
- Open the new file in a text editor, like Notepad++ for Windows or TextWrangler for Mac.
- Copy and paste from the text file into our web page, then continue to follow the instructions above.
My browser crashed, and I lost my processed list.
Click here to load the previously processed list.
I pasted the output data into my spreadsheet, and now it's a mess.
Blame Excel. It occasionally forgets how to place tab- or comma-delimited text into cells correctly. If this happens:
- Undo the paste that made a mess.
- Open a text editor, like Notepad++ for Windows or TextWrangler for Mac.
- Paste the SmartyStreets output data into a new window of the text editor.
- Save the file.
- Go back to your Excel spreadsheet and click on the cell where you want to paste the output data.
- From the Excel File menu, choose Import.
- Specify "Text file" and click Import.
- Navigate to your text file, select it, and click on Get Data.
- In the Text Import Wizard, choose the default values.
You don't have an active subscription...
You'll need to purchase a subscription to process lists.
SmartyList International: Web Interface
Step 2: Enable geocoding if you would like these addresses to be geocoded
Step 3: Process My List
- My browser crashed and I lost my processed list. Click here to load the previously processed list.
- What kind of file can I use?
- Output Fields. If you need help understanding the data that we give back, take a look at the docs for output.
Additional Data. Any data that you submit (such as name or phone number) will also be included in the output.
NOTE: Your data will be on the left; ours will follow on the right.
Website Keys - Only for client-side code (typically mobile apps, web pages, or desktop applications)
|Website Key (for website use)||Host (examples:
|Create New Key|
Secret Keys - Only for server-side code. Do not expose these credentials.
|Label||Auth ID||Auth Token (for all non-website use) url-encode||Activated||Created||Delete|
|Card Network||Masked Number||Expiration Date||Primary||Remove|
Please choose a password you do not use on any other site.
More contacts can be added to your account to receive service and billing notifications. Adding an account contact does not grant the contact login rights.